Providing cover for charities, non-for-profit and voluntary organisations

We provide cover for charities, not-for-profit and voluntary organisations from a range of leading insurance providers.

Charity Insurance key features

• Public and Product Liability 
• Property Damage (buildings, contents and stock)
• Computer Breakdown
• All Risks
• Business Interruption
• Employers Liability 
• Trustees and directors indemnity 
• Legal Expenses
• Money and Personal Accident Assault
• Personal Accident
• Professional Indemnity 
• Goods in Transit
• Equipment Breakdown
• Loss of registration certificate

Remember, the list above is not exhaustive. Our charity and trustee insurance offers a wide range of covers.

Before purchasing cover, it is important that you have a read of the policy wording and documentation issued by your chosen insurer so you know what’s covered, what’s not covered and what terms, conditions and exclusions apply.

Trustee Indemnity Insurance

Trustee indemnity insurance provides cover to the organisation for ‘wrongful acts’ committed by trustees, employees, directors and volunteers arising from errors or omissions made in the management and administration of the organisation. If your charity has trustees, you should give serious consideration to trustee indemnity insurance.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.

I don’t have an email address

You will need to have a valid email address in order for you to obtain a quote from My Business Cover.

When purchasing your cover we would then issue you with your policy documentation and our information sheets as downloadable PDF’s sent directly to your email address.

If I find a lower quote would you be able match or even better it?

If you already have obtained a quote elsewhere or our online quote is not competitive, please contact us with your quote request. Please have your current target premium to hand in order for us to provide you with a competitive quote. We then approach underwriters on your behalf.

What happens if my sums insured is inadequate?

It is the responsibility of the insured to ensure that the sum insured is sufficient for their needs. If the sum insured in not adequate, the insurer may reduce the amount of a claim payment in equal proportions. You should therefore review your sums insured on a regular basis.

Unoccupancy/Change of Risk – should I notify you in these circumstances?

If your building becomes unoccupied, empty, tenants no longer reside there or needs structural alterations, major repairs, construction or demolition you must notify My Business Cover immediately.

Can I spread the cost of my policy?

Yes, there is an option of making your annual premiums/fees affordable by spreading the payment over monthly instalments, as long as you meet our minimum level of premium for this facility. To find out more about this option please contact us or you can submit your query here