Whether you run a bed and breakfast, guesthouse or a boutique hotel, when it comes to your business insurance we have you covered 

With a range of our optional covers available, our competitive hotel & guesthouse insurance cover is adapted to suit your needs. That way, you only pay for the cover you need.

A typical hotel and guesthouse insurance policy would include the following features.

Hotel and Guesthouse key insurance features

Standard – increase cover limits

 Optional – extend your cover

Public Liability

For injury to the public or damage to their property

Products Liability

Covers you in the event your product (food or drink you serve) causes injury or damage to a person or their property

Employers Liability

Will help you pay compensation if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of the work they do for you on and off site

Business Interruption

Covers you for loss of profits following an insured loss

Content and Stock 

Content and stock cover for your hotel or guesthouse

Deterioration of Stock

Covers your perishable stock following the breakdown of your freezer or refrigeration

Buildings Insurance

Covers the property itself, such as the roof and slates, fixtures and fittings and any outbuildings should you need to rebuild it

Legal Expenses Cover

For loss of drinks licence provided that the licence is lost for reasons beyond your control


Loss of Licence

Provides cover for loss of drinks licence provided that the licence is lost for reasons beyond your control


Goods in Transit

Covers your goods whilst in transit in vehicles owned and operated by you and up to a selected amount per vehicle, including loading and unloading

Frequently Asked Questions

You can find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.

Why do I need hotel insurance?

Running a business is risky. Hotel insurance protects your business from risks, claims and losses. Every day we learn about fires and other incidents that rip businesses apart, having insurance in place helps businesses get back on their feet quickly.

By law as an employer there are financial obligations to compensate your employees and customers that can only be met through an insurance policy. My Business Cover offers hoteliers a package tailored to their specific needs all in one policy. If you’re unsure about your insurance needs or if there is anything you do not understand please contact a business insurance specialist at My Business Cover on 03333 444 585 or send an email to [email protected]

My Business is a start-up – can I still get cover?

Yes you can.

When should I apply for insurance for new business?

We are able to quote for new business insurance policies up to 30 days before the renewal date. If you’re not ready to renew yet, please email us with your renewal or cover start date and submit the details to [email protected] We will contact you closer to your renewal date.

Do you provide for entertainment and leisure facilities?

Yes, through our panel of insurers we are able to offer cover for entertainment and leisure facilities.

I don’t have a business name yet

Your full business name must be recognised as a legal entity.

Sole Trader – As a sole trader you may run your business under your own name or under a different trading name e.g. Mr Joe Blogs trading as Joe B Interiors. For an individual, full forenames and surnames must be set out

Partnership – all names must be included in full e.g. ‘Joe Blogs and Joe Blogs trading as Joe Blogs Engineering’

Private/Public Company – the full business name must be stated including the word ‘limited’ or ‘plc’ e.g. ‘JB Limited’ or ‘JB Limited trading as ABC Clothing’

You must ensure that the business name is correct as this appears on your policy schedule and Employers Liability Certificate.

If I find a lower quote would you be able to match or even better it?

If you already have obtained a quote elsewhere, please contact us with your quote request. Please have your current target premium to hand in order for us to provide you with a competitive quote. We then approach underwriters on your behalf.

What is the policy duration?

The policy has a 12 month period of insurance (unless shown differently on your policy schedule) and is renewable every year.

Am I covered instantly?

Once you have submitted your proposal form and having conducted a fair analysis of the market from our panel of insurers we seek to obtain the most appropriate terms on your behalf.

Once we have confirmed that you are covered and your policy is live, you are insured from that point onwards. We then issue you with your policy documentation and our information sheets as downloadable PDF’s. Unless requested, we don’t send out any paper documents, but you are able to print everything as backup to refer back to in the future.

Can I spread the cost of my policy?

Yes, there is an option of making your annual premiums/fees affordable by spreading the payment over monthly instalments. To find out more about this option please contact us or you can submit your query here

How do I cancel my policy?

If you decide to cancel your policy, just let us know.

You’ll receive a full refund if you cancel your cover within 14 days of setting it up (the ‘cooling-off’ period).

After this period, you may cancel your policy by giving us 30 days written notice of your intention to do so. The insurer may cancel your policy by giving us written notice; the duration of which will be detailed in the policy wording.

Beyond the 14 day cooling off period, cancellation terms may differ between insurers. Some insurers may be willing to return a pro-rata premium of up to 3 or 6 months after inception of the policy. However, after this period no refunds will be given. Any refunds may take up to 60 days to process.