We provide cover for hundreds and hundreds of trades across the UK

If you are a tradesman working on site, in a customer’s home or on other premises, a tradesman and contractors policy is designed to protect you, a partner or an employee in the event a claim is made against you for an accident that causes injury or damage to someone.

Types of businesses we provide cover for

• Plumbers                                       
• Electricians                                    
• Painters & decorators
• Bricklayers
• Carpenters                                    
• Gardeners
• Kitchen installers                        
• Flooring contractors  
• Shop fitters
• Window cleaners

The above list is not exhaustive. We provide cover for hundreds and hundreds of trades across the UK. If you can’t see your trade online, give us a call on 03333 444 585 or email [email protected] to see if we can provide cover for your specific trade.

Types of cover available

With Public Liability being the core element of insurance for tradesmen and contractors, a flexible range of optional extras are also available including Employers Liability, Contract Works, Tools and Equipment, Stock, Owned Plant, Hired in Plant and Personal Accident.

Before purchasing cover please make sure you read the policy wording and documentation relevant to your quotation and chosen insurer so you know what’s covered and what’s not and whether any terms, conditions and exclusions apply.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.

What if I’m not sure that you can insure my exact trade?

If you’re not sure whether we provide cover for your specific trade, then please give us a call on 03333 444 585 or send an email to [email protected] or alternatively you can submit your query here

I don’t have a business name yet

Your full business name must be recognised as a legal entity.

Sole Trader – as a sole trader you may run your business under your own name or under a different trading name e.g. Mr Joe Blogs trading as Joe B Painters. For an individual, full forenames and surnames must be set out

Partnership all names must be included in full e.g. ‘Joe Blogs and Joe Blogs trading as Joe Blogs Engineering’

Private/Public Companythe full business name must be stated including the word ‘limited’ or ‘plc’ e.g. ‘JB Limited’ or ‘JB Limited trading as ABC Contractors’

You must ensure that the business name is correct as this appears on your policy schedule and Employers Liability Certificate.

My Business is a start-up – can I still get cover?

Yes you can.

I don’t have an email address

You will need to have a valid email address in order for you to obtain your quote from My Business Cover.

When purchasing your cover we would then issue you with your policy documentation and our information sheets as downloadable PDF’s sent directly to your email address.

If I find a lower quote would you be able match or even better it?

If you already have obtained a quote elsewhere or our online quotation is not competitive, please contact us with your quote request. Please have your current target premium to hand in order for us to provide you with a competitive quote.

We then approach underwriters on your behalf in order to obtain the most competitive terms.

What is the policy duration?

The policy has a 12 month period of insurance (unless shown differently on your policy schedule) and is renewable every year.